Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Jury Service

I've never live blogged before because, well, I'm always home. And, come to think of it, I usually talk about my kids and home and things relating to my home, so I guess that's live blogging, right?

I'm blogging today from the Milwaukee County Courthouse. I'm sitting in the jury pool room waiting to be called for possible service. I'm surrounded by chatting jurors and jurors reading John Grisham and People magazine and jurors playing cards. Anxious jurors , happy jurors and bored jurors; they're all here. In the meantime I wait. And wait. And wait some more.

During our orientation we were thanked numerous times for our service and the sacrifice of our time. I kept wondering why they were bothering to thank us; it's not like any of us chose to be here.

In any event, here I am. Performing my civic duty instead of preparing to board a flight for New York City. What a kind and generous citizen I am.

2 comments:

Superdad said...

And just think you'll get $10.00 a day too.

Are they showing a movie? Jury duty is where I saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Alexis Jacobs said...

I always wanted to be called for jury duty. I figure it would add some excitement into my life.

I hope you are done soon so you can be on your way to NYC!