Wednesday, February 06, 2008

My Inner Angst

Do you all know how much angst I have been having over the presidential election? No, of course you don't. I haven't been talking about it here.

Well, I have been angst filled. Lots and lots of angst. What's better for a fiscal, small government conservative that believes, strongly, that government functions best when it's small, when taxes are low and regulation is minimal: taking the small chance that John McCain could turn out to be a fiscal conservative but who, if isn't, has a better chance of getting big government programs passed in Congress or a Democrat in the White House whose tax and spend entitlement programs will at least be given a chance at defeat because, presumably, the Republicans in Congress will fight back?

I change my mind by the day. No, by the hour.

Tell me what I should do.

3 comments:

nina said...

You know what I would say. So I'm saying it. It's the obvious choice. :)

Alexis Jacobs said...

I just can't bring myself to vote for either Clinton or Obama. I just fear what the next 4/8 years would be.

I struggle too with this issue. However, I for right now am voting with my heart and just praying that the truth will win out and McCain will be a man of his word.

sixty-five said...

How do you feel about Bloomberg? He'd be my choice if he entered the race. I voted for Obama and was surprised that he didn't win in NJ.