Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Birthday Preparations

I said I would be blogging more regularly. Well, I meant it. It's just that a certain seven-year-old little girl in our house has a birthday on Sunday and I've been busy getting ready for the arrival and hosting of family for the event.



Oh, and I've also been busy setting up my new Lexmark printer/scanner/copier. I haven't had a printer for years and Joe and I have both gotten sick of me emailing him things I needed printed. Plus, Madeleine's Latin workbook for the fall only has one page of a drill she needs to repeat frequently, so we decided we a copy machine could be really, really handy.



And, yeah, I've been doing a fair amount of head shaking over the Brewer/Cubs games. I actually sat through the entire game last night. It was like driving past a car accident; it was so horrific I just wanted to look away, but just couldn't.



And speaking of birthday girls (which I was just a few, short paragraphs ago, remember?), do you know what she asked for this year? Guess. You'll never guess. No, not more things for her American Girl dolls, nor were books a noted request. No, Madeleine asked for a rug. A rug! She was leafing through a Pottery Barn Kids catalog and decided she wanted to change her room, so she asked for a new pink, white, and red polka dot rug. Who is this girl and what has she done with my daughter?

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a great day.