Friday, April 10, 2009

Computers for All

The other day I signed Madeleine up for her first email account*. I had been meaning to for awhile; it provides a good opportunity for her to practice typing and improve her spelling, writing and the formation of a proper letter (well, a proper e-letter, as it is, I guess).


After getting it all set up and sending out a few test emails I sat her down in front of my Mac, showed her where to go, told her what her password was, etc., etc. and walked her through checking her account for the first time. She was giddy with excitement to see two unread messages in her box and promptly read them and replied. After finishing with her task she set the computer to the side, folded her arms, looked at me and said, "Well Mom, I guess I'll need my own computer now."


Keep dreamin', kid.



*For obvious reasons I am not going to post it on my blog, but if you want to email Madeleine feel free to email me and ask for her address.

1 comment:

Bob said...

She can have Nana's old computer--- it's just sitting here. I offered it to Messiah Lutheran when their computer had some repair issues...(includes the flat screen), but they were not interested....Otherwise, I could donate it somewhere...See what you think.