Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Doctor's Park

Out of all the Lake Michigan beaches I've visited (well, on the Wisconsin side, anyway) I think Doctor's Park in Fox Point is my favorite. It's only minutes north of the city, but it feels so unaffected and pristine once you made the hike down to the beach from the parking lot above. And on a day like yesterday, with a soft breeze coming in off the lake and good friends to chat and play with, it was the perfect spot to spend an afternoon.

Here is Elisabeth digging in the sand with a friend.



Madeleine with two of the three girls she'll be attending camp with in just a few weeks. The third girl came down to play later too, but I forgot to snap a picture--rats!



Hank had a ball on the-- what are they?--piers? breaker walls? The mass of kids enjoyed seeing how nimbly they could jump from one rock to the next and, of course, loved jumping in the water.



And as an added bonus for the first time ever I made the trip both down AND up without pushing a child in a stroller or carrying a child! I know it was only a temporary reprieve but, still, I appreciated the break.

2 comments:

MOST with an attitude said...

I'd love directions Cait. Michael still comments on our trip there and how much fun he had :)
Hope you're feeling well!!

Cate said...

Sure! I'll email 'em to you shortly. :)