Monday, July 20, 2009

Zucchini

No one in my immediate family loves zucchini, including me. I mean, it's OK, but it's not something I crave in the summer, even when it's fresh. Still, though, we always somehow end up with some fresh zucchini multiple times a summer and I refuse to waste a perfectly good, healthy vegetable, so we eat what we're given and, despite the fact that it's not my favorite, I always appreciate the gift of fresh garden produce.

Last night I prepared it a new way and, I have to say, I've never liked it so well. I sautéed two zucchini in a bit of olive oil with some kosher salt until it was cooked through but still firm. I then threw it into a bowl and tossed with with some freshly ground pepper, freshly squeezed lemon juice (about half a lemon) and some diced scallions. It was quite good and even the kids ate their required portions with minimal fuss.

1 comment:

dad said...

Want a dozen or so for future gastronomic delights? The garden is flush with zucchini.