Friday, April 23, 2010

Finding Resemblances

I don't know what it is, but I've got a thing about comparing my kids; not in a psychologically unhealthy competition of abilities and talents, but in a way that attempts to see similarities between the siblings and see how our mixed DNA manifests itself in our offspring.

Each child of our has been unique, containing some physical resemblances to each other but, by and large, having their own individual look. Be the time Caroline came along we almost gave up trying to see resemblances between the kids. That is, until yesterday.

Yesterday Dad and I were flipping through old photo albums and I came across a picture of Madeleine at seven-months-old, which is how old Caroline is today, and I was struck by the similarities and investigated further. Tell me what you think.

Madeleine, on the left, and Caroline both under one week old.



Madeleine, again on the left, and Caroline both at seven-months-old.



These two sisters, separated by nine years, might just be the most physically similar of the four kids.

No comments: