Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cookie Baking

Decorating cookies is more fun with friends, and I'll tell you why. First of all, you can get away with making one double batch of cookies and end up with multiple kinds of cookies since all participants contribute cookies. Second of all, it's just more fun because there is lots of laughing and chatting, both for kids and adults.

And, in my case, I get help from someone much more talented than I am. Here Erin is showing the girls how to carefully pipe the frosting on, as opposed to how I usually just slap it on.


See? Far prettier than anything I am able to do.



Forgotten Caroline didn't really get to decorate. Instead she walked around whining. To get her to be quiet the other kids kept sneaking her cookies. I think Caroline ate 6,720,000 sugar cookies this afternoon.


And speaking of sneaking sugar . . .


I am pretty sure Gus ate about eight pounds of icing. 


I think he would rather have had nine pounds.


Somehow, the cookies got frosted, and I think the kids did a really good job. Don't you?

No comments: