Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day






As a family, we have never been too into Mother's Day. My mom, seen above with Madeleine (on or about Mother's Day 2001), preferred to spend the day gardening until the last drop of sun melted into the horizon.

As a new mom, my biggest wish was quiet. Peace. Though, now, as the kids grow, my desire for solitude on one certain day has waned proportionately.

Yesterday was another perfect Mother's Day. It was perfect in its utter simplicity. As I lived it, I knew it would be forgotten; just another Mother's Day thrown into the file of faded memories of Mother's Days past. Church. Hours-- all six of us!-- at the barn. Then, after, a few hours at a park. A simple dinner out.

I hope all you moms out there had a perfectly forgettable Mother's Day too. In my experience, they are the very best kind.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Location:Home

2 comments:

Sumon Ahmed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the netflix of toys said...

neat ideas for baby toys renting at spark box toys