Friday, April 13, 2007

Spring Break

Vacation this week; Madeleine has the week off of school. So, we head south, to a sunnier, warmer climate. No. South yes, sunnier and warmer, no. We're in Silver Lake, Wisconsin, about an hour south of us, and to greet our arrival it snowed.

Instead of enjoying warm spring weather we headed south again-- to Chicago-- and spent a day poking around Shedd Aquarium.

Both kids enjoyed it; the highlight being the dolphin show. While walking to the car I asked the kids if they enjoyed all the Pacific White-sided dolphins, Beluga whales and Anaconda snakes and Hank said, "It was so boring, right Madeleine?"

"Boring Hank? No, it was faaaaaaaan-tastic!" Madeleine exuberantly responded.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," gushed Hank. "It was faaaaaaaan-tastic!"

So there you have it. The Shedd Aquarium is faaaaaaaan-tastic.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Shedd. We were up there last summer and my hubby and his friend took Noah while me, my girlfriend and Maia shopped! I have been to Shedd before but its been a while. Glad you guys had a good time! Where did you stay? I know Chi-town pretty well :) There's lots of lovely places... :)

AlexanderTheGreat said...

SuperMom (SM). Your depictions and understanding of child emotions are impeccable.


blahh blllahhh blahhhhh....
blllaaahh.. blahhh.. blahh,,,,
balhaaa. blah blllaaah....

Hehe,

love you,

Alex

Alexis Jacobs said...

In the 9 years we lived in Illinois I have never been to Shedd. Maybe it will have to be on my to do list the next time we come to visit.

Glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

let's do it again next week.