Friday, September 28, 2007

Morning Conversation

The following conversation took place this morning.

Me: Guess what Hank! Your class is going on a field trip on your birthday. And guess what else-- I get to be a chaperone!

Hank (with a huge grin plastered on his face): Really Mom? A field trip? And you get to come with?! Yay! (He stops to hug me.) I've never been on a school bus before! Do you think it will be a big one?!

Me: Oh, yes, I'm sure it will. Will you sit by me on the bus, Hank?

Hank: (long pause): Weeeell... (concerned look on face) I might want to sit by Curly*.

Hmph.

*Yeah, so obviously Hank doesn't have a friend named Curly, for pity's sake. It's an alias. A very clever, imaginative alias.

4 comments:

Superdad said...

He is a funny little boy. But who is Curly?

SuperMom said...

The only girl in his class you know.

Alexis Jacobs said...

Too cute :)

terri said...

LOL! We moms are so not cool. Friday was Dimples' (another very clever alias) first field trip/bus ride. Let me just say that I feel your pain. :)