Sunday, October 28, 2007

Week Four, Days Two and Three

Yin and yang. Black and white. Whatever Friday's run was, Sunday's run wasn't.

Friday it was night. It was dark and cool. I was alone and had the streets to myself. Sunday was bright and sunny. It was pleasant and the sidewalks and yards of my town were teeming with people.

Friday I was energetic. I was fast. I was ready to run and run some more. Sunday I was slow. Lethargic. When my predetermined program was over, I was ready. Friday I was envisioning competitive 5k races while Sunday I was only contemplating getting home.

Running, I'm realizing, like life, can't always be great and even though I can feel my stamina increasing there are times when I'm just tired and don't feel like running. Learning to push through that is just as much a part of running as increasing stamina.

No comments: