Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Texting

If I start raving about something chances are the rest of the world has been excited about whatever it is for years. The latest example? Text messaging. I always thought texting was stupid. Why not just call the person? Why not just send an email?

Ever since I got my iPhone I've fallen in love with texting which, if you think it through, is really saying something since I can send and receive email on my iPhone. But texting is different. It pops right up and greets you with a friendly little chime. It's a nice, easy way to send a quick thought to someone (or to get ahold of a husband in meetings or wherever and unable to answer his phone).

So, texting. It was the thing to do five years ago (or more). And I am just now realizing how great it is.

4 comments:

sixty-five said...

Well, if it's any comfort, I'm still among the unconverted. But there are rumors that I might be able to upgrade my cellphone to a Blackberryish thing for little or no extra $, so that might change things.

Erica said...

I'm the same way. We just got phones that text a few months ago, and it's the best thing ever! ~Erica

Anonymous said...

I am a new texter as well. I had the same thoughts about it like you did until I tried it.

Tammy

Cate said...

Glad to hear there are other recent converts!

sixty-five-- Get an iPhone! You'd love it!