Thursday, October 01, 2009

A typical day

So today went like this:

7:10 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. oversleep, race to get kids out the door and forget Madeleine's first piano lesson of the fall.

8:16 a.m.- 10:30 a.m. drive to preschool, drop Elisabeth off, drive home, nurse Caroline, finish writing grocery list, greet Dad as he arrived for two seconds and then race out the door with Caroline.

10:31-11:30 a.m. get gas, realize en route to Pick-n-Save that there's not enough time to get through my entire grocery list so I tear through the store to get us through lunch, head into Stone Creek coffee for a latte and drive up to the Audubon to get Elisabeth.

11:31 a.m. - 1 p.m. Talk to Elisabeth about what metamorphosis is, arrive home, make lunch, eat lunch, start dinner, put dinner in crockpot, nurse Caroline and leave for grocery store. Again.

1:01 p.m. to 2:13 p.m. drive to Pick-n-Save, buy lots of groceries and happily note the total amount spent wasn't as much as I thought it might be.

2:14 p.m.-3:40 p.m. drive home, unload groceries, nurse Caroline, talk to Dad, realize Madeleine is going to be late for her riding lesson, tell Madeleine to hurry and get ready for riding, argue with Madeleine about why she can't wear her nice, new jeans to riding, help Madeleine put on her half chaps and shoo her out the door with Dad.

3:41 p.m.- 6:37 p.m. log onto computer, check blogs and Facebook, go to Target's website and buy gray sweats for Madeleine and a black sweater for Elisabeth for their Halloween costumes, nurse Caroline, see neighbors walk up driveway, answer door, shoo Elisabeth out to play with neighbors, prepare acorn squash to go with dinner, wash dishes, mash up acorn squash, pour a glass of wine, sit down at computer and compose blog post.

And now Joe is home. Madeleine and Dad should be home from the stables any minute. Time to go enjoy my wine with my family and then eat dinner. I'm hungry!

5 comments:

Laura said...

You are a super mom! That is crazy! I'm going to show my daughter..."See, honey, it'll be easy going to school and take care of a baby. Women are superhuman!" :)

sixty-five said...

So where were the big kids all day?

Cate said...

The big kids were home w/Dad in the morning while I ran my errands. He also took them to the library, I think.

We have a four day school week and M&H were supposed to be down in Silver Lake yesterday but Diana was sick, so they ended up here instead. But, since I had already planned on no schoolwork for Thursday, it was sort of a free day for library, errands, etc.

Cate said...

I have a feeling from watching her mother home-school four kids plus take care of numerous foster kids that you've prepared your children well for motherhood, Laura. ;)

Cate said...

I would also just like to point out that my dad was here all day. Had there not been a second adult here I wouldn't have braved the grocery once, let alone twice. Instead of acorn squash we would have been eating eggs and saltines and drinking water for dinner since that was about all we had left in the house. ;)