Thursday, January 28, 2010

Flashback: July 28, 2002

We all have those days; days that aren't great, but not bad, either. Things go right, things go wrong. Still, though, who wouldn't trade the things that go right on this bitterly cold day (high of 7, I think, and windy!) for the dog days of summer. Specifically I am thinking--dreaming-- of the day pictured below. A hot, July day swimming in Mom and Bob's pool with my almost two-year-old daughter. I had just quit my job and become a stay-at-home-mom after (almost!) two years of wishing to do so. Joe was a law student, summering at the firm where he now works. The pool water was a perfect eighty degrees. Family was around. Mom was still alive. Hank was kicking happily inside me, eager to come out in just a few short months.

And, did I mention, it was hot?

1 comment:

Bob said...

Nice photo....thanks much for sharing....Just got back tonight from Portland. Mom is doing fine.