Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Understanding Elisabeth



I love this girl. Elisabeth is easygoing, yet she is stubborn and strong-willed. She is loving and sensitive and, yet, she is ferociously independent. She is quiet and introspective but she is also loud and the most un-shy child I have ever met. She is a tomboy who loves sparkly, girly dress up clothes.

All of these things that make her our little Elisabeth I get. I understand them. I understand her.

It warms my heart when others get her as well. It warms my heart even more when it's someone Elisabeth spends significant amounts of time with, like her preschool teachers. I received a letter from both her teachers the other day that said a lot about our girl and the everything they said pointed to the one thing they didn't say: they get her.

No comments: